Six Ways To Relieve Stress, Increase Creativity & Overcome Obstacles
Stress comes from mind, our thoughts.
Stress is an overdrive of sense — often grief, worrying, anxiety, or anger — about a real-life situation, or a perception of fear, or emotions and memories. Or maybe, simply, it is the mind itself in its natural cycle of ups and downs. Sometimes that’s illness. Sometimes not.
Here are six yogic tips that the mystic wisdom of the Siddha sages offers:
1. Harnessing breath to glide the mind.
Breath is the real essence of being alive. We are born with first breath and we die with our last breath. Breath is our life in our human being. Breath is a key influence behind and within the mind that produces thoughts.
Breath can be used as “prayer,” to connect to God/Source. The outcome may be a mind that is more clear in calm and harmony. Slowing down breath enables our mind to move out of stress.
This is one way, via our Siddha yogis, to slow breath to move out of stress.
– Inhale from the root chakra (from the perineum) and retain breath. If it works for you, think of Source/God/Void and surrender the mind in its intent and the thoughts of stress.
– Retain the breath for as long as you can, allowing all thoughts — good and bad — to disappear in the void.
– Breath out slowly affirming “I am”.
– Follow this cycle of breath for however long possible or even all the time. This yogi breath awakens our highest wisdom while creating the core space of tranquility, harmony, fearlessness, and clarity of the mind.
– Do the Siddha Pranayama: yogic breath work.
2. Meditate to attain the Knowing.
Sometimes we don’t see or know our life with clarity or insight, or we’re just too bogged down or overwhelmed by daily life. This certainly contributes to stress.
To do the best that we can in what we do, before we begin, let’s meditate. Let’s find our clarity. Let’s find out our way to know and see the big picture, even if we don’t have all the information that might be right and necessary. When we meditate it often awakens our intuitive abilities to see beyond the limited mind.
Perhaps you will invoke Teachers/Masters in your meditation, and perhaps invoke a focus on Third Eye, which will give guidance to the highest that aligns with our heart.
Meditation can show us the magical “Now” moment of action, and our infinite patience in knowing.
Seeing the big picture with a meditative mind is like seeing the target. We perhaps lock on the focus first, and then go on. We see the goal of awakening and open ourselves to attain the flow. The flow is as inspired in the doings, as in being, being as one in the now moment with mindfulness. We let the dots connect themselves and bring our focus with passion and will. Our action as work and doings from mindfulness helps us ‘glide’. (Nandhiji’s SivaSivaa Siddha Chakra Meditation Teachings).
3. Take a break to celebrate your Source unions — Clap!
As we strive in our work, it is only natural sometimes to have a mental block. It’s vital to remind ourselves to play in between our work if we are not able to make our work, play.
Here are steps to attain flow:
– Stop work for a little minute! Rub both palms together, feel reverence to our highest self, and as gratefulness to Source/God/Universe.
– Sing a mantra or a prayer or an inspiring song from the heart.
– Clap your hands with our heart song’s rhythm and feel the connective flow of our joy states.
– Rejoice and relax in the states of joyfulness while you clap.
– Make it a prayer by letting go of our worries and stress to our heart song as we clap.
– Get back to focus knowing that as the river flowing to the ocean, our thoughts too flow naturally guided by our joy states.
4. Awaken to our higher consciousness mind through daily yoga.
Practice yoga as a meditative inner journey of breath, visualization and mantras chant. When we practice yoga to journey within and expand our consciousness, we are surrendering our mind, body, and breath to Source as prayers.
The best time to do yoga is at the start of the day if that works for you, so our mind is placed at a higher perch. The ‘higher perch’ of the mind refers to a meditative mind that can perceive realities with calm and core harmony while able to make decisions that have optimal results.
Yoga and meditation, apart from allowing our mind to be stress-free, also gifts us with a mind that is trained to focus, and to hold that focus for a longer period of time.
Points to observe while doing yoga that helps stress:
– Know breath and the journey through breath while doing yoga.
– Within every posture and posture sequence is a core harmony — the zero point — where we have surrendered to the process. Let go of the mind and thoughts to simply be in the vibrancy of calm.
– Bring attention to awareness and mindfulness through the process. This is the mind of a monk that is tranquil and in the magical Now. This state of mind is called the state of ‘turiya’ by the yogis. Genius and optimal thoughts spring from the superconscious mind states of ‘turiya’ referred to by the yogis as the ‘sleepless sleep’. (Yoga for the Achiever: Kalangi Kundalini Yoga DVD- Basics).
5. Attain and recite mantras that are your own to ‘cook’ your Inner Fire.
It is said that when we pray we are talking to God, and when we meditate, we listen to God. When we chant our mantras, we are doing both — praying and meditating simultaneously.
Our stress has a reason as we react to physical realities, but when we hold a mantra by reciting it, we are intensifying our prayers to Source/God/Infinite to remedy the cause of stress. You can awaken the inner fire by way of mantras that we recite. When we recite a mantra, we are changing the inner structure of our mind and its thoughts.
Mantras are vibratory fields that have been passed on by Gurus to disciples over thousands of years to transfer consciousness. When chanting the mantras, we are awakening our inner fire that serves as a vortex of Light that protects, guides and assists us.
6. Deep sleep and the incubation of the mind.
To sleep well and deep is a major battle won on stress. A rested mind is potent attaining the optimal thoughts and apt wiser decisions.
Utilize a pivotal vortex moment before sleep to enter into a sleep state and emerge the next day into the awake state with this yogic teaching. Stress must be eliminated before sleeping so we can sleep as deep as needed to rest the mind and body.
1. Have a bath/shower. If not, wash our face — especially the forehead. Washing with water cuts energy cords of the past as in emotions, tiredness, and fatigue.
2. Select from your bedside a spiritual, philosophical or scriptural read.
3. If we do not have a book, simply chant a mantra of our heart and surrender the mind to Source/God.
4. Turn body onto the left side and read a book of higher vibrations or chant the mantras. Laying on the left stimulates the breath that induces deeper relaxation to prepare for sleep.
5. As we read/chant, sleep will soon kick in and will come to us in different ways.
6. Tell sleep to go away and tell ourselves even if it is still dawn and we do not have to sleep, no worries. Nobody ever died of lack of sleep. In this self-hypnosis, we are dissolving the fear of a night without sleep.
7. Continue reading/chanting. Sleep will come like a tiger growling. Do not worry; continue reading.
8. Sleep will come as a little puppy saying, “Pick me up.” Do not give in.
9. Now when we feel ready to descend into sleep. Sit up a moment and recite a mantra as prayers in focus — setting the intent — that our subconsciousness is Source connected in sleep.
10. Descend into our heart with the mantra chant in the sleep we welcome.
11. Allow all realities to correct and align itself to the vast infinite Universe as we sleep in the womb of Light.
12. Next morning:
- Rub our palms together. Acknowledge our left palm as our birth/adopted mother and our right palm as our birth/adopted father. Placing palms over our eyelids, receive the blessings of our first Gurus.
- Rub our palms together and ignite our sacred mantra that we were chanting the night before. Acknowledge our left palm as our Cosmic Mother who will take care of our needs and is protective and our right palm as the Cosmic Father infinity whose dance of bliss form we are in human realities. Receive the blessings.
- Set intent to be the Yogi and climb above to adorn the eagle mind of consciousness.
- Be the Sun that shines. Each breath, Source connected! (Compiled from Mastery of Consciousness Book & Teaching)
CDs/DVDs: Siddha Guided Chakra Meditation Teachings: Siva Sivaa– Light the Lamp within and attain the awake mind of a Yogi: 2 CD Audio with tools of Consciousness.
Kalangi Kundalini Yoga DVD: Level One: Basics uses the simple sun salutation sequences, Siddha breathing techniques, potent Siddha mantras and other empowering yogic tools to awaken the mastery of consciousness
- Also available on Amazon
Youtube: Nandhiji’s Teachings
For more self-study, The Urban Howl recommends Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga.
Sip a little more:
. . .