1. Disconnect. Forget about everyone. Give your attention only to those in your immediate grasp (in your house or your workplace). No social media. No parties or bars. Sit alone with yourself every day.
2. Smoke marijuana, a lot of it. Smoking taps you into everything. All that is ignored — the voices, secrets, truths, repressed memories, trapped emotions, and desires.
3. Leave it all behind: the relationship, dogs, job, clothes, money, and city.
4. Write it all out. Release it. Sometimes, a few sheets of paper and a pen are all we need to let go of tension.
5. Pay attention, to everything. Look so closely that it drives you mad!
6. SAY IT OUT LOUD. God, this is the scariest part! Just say it. Whatever it is that you see, feel, hear.
7. Stop to take pictures. Let the scenes steal your breath, then take a photo of it.
8. Reconnect. Find new friends in places you feel uncomfortable looking. Call them once a week to stay updated.
9. Take yourself out to dinner and buy your own gifts.
10. Talk to yourself. Tap into what you are saying and observe how it makes you feel.
11. Pack your car and live in it. Be alone. Be uncomfortable. Wash off at parks and in public restrooms.
12. Trust in your power. It will guide you.
13. Cry. Whatever hurts, let it be released in the tears. Cry hard. Scream and shout. Stomp. Take notice of the stories that cause the crying.
14. Rewrite your stories. Go back in time and talk to yourself. Now that you know what happens, you can avoid the unwanted outcome.
15. Try psychedelics. If you go crazy or have a bad trip, you have much to heal.
16. Time — take it and make it your own. No more rushing. Slow and steady wins the race. Do you know why? It is because you have the ability to see the obstacles well before you reach them.
17. Listen. Those voices are what guide you. Understand they are not out to get you. They are simply another parallel path that can be followed. Each thought has a consequence — map out your destiny.
18. Hug more often. Befriend people who love to hug. A hug a day keeps the doctor away.
19. Laugh until your stomach hurts. If you find nothing funny, fake a laugh, then another and one more until it becomes real.
20. Go to drum circles and camp under the stars.
21. Make wishes, write them down, and forget about them until they show up.
22. Tell stories. Make them up as you go. Lose yourself and become introduced to parts of you that are personalities in separate bodies. Anything you can think of is real.
23. Look into your eyes, every morning, night, before and after you are around people. Watch the changes. Become aware of what you reflect.
For more self-study, The Urban Howl recommends 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS-Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve.
Sip a little more: